Steps to getting your Texas real estate license
1. Enroll in the required 180 Hour Texas Real Estate Courses set forth by the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC) in our PDF format.
2. Download the 6 courses to your desktop, laptop, iPad or tablet & read offline at your convenience and at your own speed.
You can complete the courses in the faster manner available.
3 .Login for quizzes. Make a 100 on each of the quizzes to proceed. Course final exams must be proctored
4. Create an online account with the Texas Real Estate Commission at TREC's "My License" System. After creating an online account with the Texas Real Estate Commission follow the steps to file your online application.
Submit Certificates of completion for your Texas Real Estate Courses to the Texas Real Estate Commission (TREC). [email@example.com] with application.
5. When TREC has had time to post your course competions, they will email you a number and instructions to use to sign up for the state exam. Once you have scheduled your state exam, visit TREC website (www.TREC.texas.gov) and follow these steps to schedule an appointment and complete your fingerprinting. There are state testing facilities in many locations across Texas as well as finger print facilities all over the state of Texas.
- Where it says "I want to..." on TREC's home page that says: "Read about fingerprint requirements, select the 3rd bullet point and schedule an appointment
- Enter your 10 digit TREC ID# and select 'Search'.
- Your information will appear under step 2 - click on "Get IdentoGO ID."
- When step 3 appears use your IdentoGO ID to schedule an appointment at the IdentgoGO website & complete all necessary information at the IdentoGO website to request your appointment.
6. Upon completion of your courses go to the TREC web site the yellow oval icon
at the top of the TREC page www.TREC.texas.gov and follow the directions to sign up as a registered user. Complete the application form & pay the application fee of $205. Send the receipt along with your certificates of completion to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 512-936-3863. If emailing, be sure to include your name and address in the body of the email.
7. Study Exam prep included in Premium & Ultimate Packages.
8.Take the state exam and pass with at least a 70.
9..If you already have a sponsoring broker, have him/her sign the Broker Representation form along with your signature and send to TREC. This doesn't have to be done at this time; you may receive your license in an Inactive status and then select a sponsoring broker. When you and a broker have mutually agreed on sponsorship, you go to the my license online services oval at the top of TREC's site and request sponsorship from the broker. He/she will accept and you will both be emailed your license immediately
10. When you receive your approval letter, 10 digit TREC identification number, and Candidate Information Brochure (CIB) from TREC, you must sign up to the state exam at a
at Pearson VUE or call them at 800-997-1248. The cost is $54.
Wkile you are waiting for your application to be reviewed we recommend that you take our Exam Prep course to to take the stress out of taking the state exam. Our Exam Prep is a good barometer of whether you can pass the state exam or not.
Texas Real Estate